The Business COSO team supports the Company's on-going objective of maintaining an industry leading financial reporting control environment and is responsible for the following directives:
- Providing meaningful assessments of financial, risk, and regulatory reporting control environment;
- Overseeing compliance with COSO based policies for internal controls over financial reporting (SEC and Regulatory Reporting) and strategic planning for on-going compliance with the COSO polices (proactive anticipation of internal control related matters);
- Monitoring new and emerging internal control related guidance and issues and assist with facilitating group-wide training to interested and impacted stakeholders;
- Providing consultation and subject matter expertise for process and control related matters including evaluating severity of control deficiencies and related remediation efforts;
- Providing process and control support and thought leadership for projects;
- Interfacing with external auditors, regulators and others on control related matters; and,
- Acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the control environment.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
- Validating and challenging risk assessment conclusions, including assessing the appropriateness and completeness of key risk and key controls identified;
- Validating and providing credible challenge to identified shared services, third party service providers, and significant applications;
- Validating and challenging documentation of control deficiencies, including issue description, root cause, unmitigated impact, and corrective actions;
- Analyzing the severity of control deficiencies, both individually and in the aggregate, and the impact to internal control over financial reporting;
- Assessing the components of internal control for the business unit;
- Monitoring open control deficiencies and validating corrective actions
Highly prefer top tier audit/assurance background coming from public accounting.
Minimum of 6 years experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit; or a BS/BA degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, or Business and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, reporting or business/technology audit
skills: Financial Reporting, Internal Controls, SOX, Audit-Internal, Audit - Internal, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.