Permanent & full-time Staff Accountant opportunity with a modern and progressive company in St. Pete! Excellent working environment, clear growth path, state of the art media/break area, highly competitive perk package, healthy alternative cafe on site and Managers that work hard to position their employees for success! All that is missing is YOU!
Position is responsible for the general accounting functions of the organization, and ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, reconciling and entering transactions.
location: Saint Petersburg, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 58,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Maintain and develop reporting in the general ledger system
- Develop documentation of accounting policies and business processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Prepare reconciliations and resolve discrepancies
- Assist with the month-end close process
- Prepare flux analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts including billed, unbilled, revenue and deferred revenue on a monthly basis
- Assist in documentation of revenue-related policies, processes and internal controls
- Assist in development of company accounting policies, desk procedures and internal controls
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Analyze revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Assist with compliance including audits, taxes and bank covenant agreements
- Calculate quarterly commission payments
- Analyze any discrepancies related to intercompany transactions
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 1-5 years of Corporate Accounting or Financial Analysis experience
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Office with a primary focus on Microsoft Excel
- Capable of finding effective and efficient solutions to problems
- Salesforce experience
- Public accounting experience
- Microsoft Great Plains experience
Staff level positions with growth opportunities are filling with unprecedented efficiency within today's tight labor market. Don't hesitate and apply today!
skills: Financial Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.