job summary: Senior Tax Accountant
Our large corporate client has asked us to find a Senior Tax Accountant
to play a strategic role in the overall workings of their tax department.
location: Nashville, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $67,000 - 73,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
The Sr. Tax Accountant position reports directly to the Sr. Tax Manager and is responsible for providing support in the review and preparation of the company's tax returns along with relative reports including financial reporting and forecasting, management of fixed assets reporting for tax return compliance, preparation of multi-state apportionment, calculation of taxable income for tax provisions, and quarterly estimates and extensions. Will maintain documentation that supports all tax deductions for external auditors and governmental agencies relating to audit request and/or reporting and maintains compliance with SOX and SEC.
Background and experience needed:
- ~3 - 7 years of combined experience and education in tax
- solid expertise in income tax and tax provisions for multi-state
- experience in corporate tax and/or public accounting environment
- BA Degree required
- CPA desired
- knowledge of GAAP rules and tax regs for reporting of, and depreciation of, fixed assets
- experience working with Fixed Assets is beneficial
- advanced knowledge in MSoft Office Suite - with solid expertise in Excel
- experience w/PeopleSoft or similar ERP software
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- able to work well under pressure and either in team or independently
- strong work ethic
- commitment to seeing duties completed at a high standard of quality
- ability to identify discrepancies and inconsistencies in existing information and resources
- excellent problem-solving skills
- demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances and environment
- strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- ability to analyze complex variable situations and identify appropriate courses of action
- able to handle a fast paced, high volume of activity and deadline driven environment
Compensation range is $67K - $73K salary with great benefits, culture and room to grow.
If this fits your background and skills, let's chat ASAP. A resume is the best way to get the conversation started... fire away!
Thanks, Greg "OldSalesGuy" Bennett Senior Executive Recruiter
Sales, Marketing, Ops, HR & C-Suite
Raleigh, NC and Nashville, TN
919-516-9802 eFax: 919-800-3015 Email: Greg.Bennett@RandstadUSA.com
skills: Fixed Assets, SEC Reporting, Tax Compliance, SEC, GAAP, SOX, Financial Reporting - SEC
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.