job summary: Payroll Tax Specialist
Currently coordinating interviews for a well established, multi-state client in the El Segundo area. The Payroll Tax Specialist role is designed as a Contract to Hire role, likely to convert within 4 months. Client seeks multi-state knowledge, detailed audit skills, and strong reporting experience.
Payroll Tax Specialist will handle general procedures and processes, but uncover variations in these procedures. Payroll Specialist will also handle computing wages and overtime payments, calculating and recording payroll deductions, and processing manual pay requests, payroll accounting and other administrative duties to support the Payroll Department.
location: El Segundo, California
job type: Contract
salary: $24 - 27 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
education: High School
experience: 5 Years
- Research, analyze and resolve payroll related inquiries, problems and general questions.
- Responsible for the collection and balancing of time data (hours) from Kronos, for all companies, following set desk procedures.
- Compile financial, tax and payroll reports for both internal and external purpose; submits to manager for review.
- Recommend and participate in the development of new and/or existing desk procedures, related to all payroll operations, utilizing knowledge of internal systems as well as local, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Responsible for the coordination of all payroll tax activities, including compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and filings.
- Research and resolve payroll tax notices for multi-state tax entities.
- Provide assistance to business units on payroll tax related inquiries.
- 5+ years of related payroll and tax experience.
- Strong knowledge of Kronos, ADP Workforce Now, and SAP.
- Responsible for ADP ESS Portal, payroll intranet and SharePoint site maintenance.
- Working knowledge of payroll tax quarterly and annual reconciliations.
- Excellent analytical and follow up skills
- CPP accreditation strongly preferred
If you are interested in able to interview immediately, please apply directly or forward updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Certified Payroll Professional
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.