One of the Bay Area's Premier Law Firms has an opening for an experienced Estate Planning Paralegal within the Family Wealth team. This position is located in our San Jose office. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, a self-starter, detail oriented, a team player and project a positive attitude. Our paralegals work with all of the attorneys in the Family Wealth & Tax Planning department, and as such must be able to manage multiple projects, styles and deadlines.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
Ideal candidates will possess excellent organizational, written/verbal communication, and time management skills.
Candidate must have experience with all aspects of the estate planning process from intake through the drafting and execution of documents, including the following:
- Preparation of Revocable Trusts & Irrevocable Trusts (including ILITs, IDGTs, GST, QPRTs and GRATs)
- Preparation of Wills, Powers of Attorney, Advance Health Care Directives, and related documents
- Preparation of Deeds and related documents for the transfer of real property title
- Trust funding
Candidate should have experience with the Trust and Estate Administration process including:
- Trust asset allocations and sub-trust funding (such as deeds and related forms), Affidavits, and working with appraisers, etc.
- Probate proceedings (from commencement of proceedings through final distribution)
- Heggstad proceedings
Candidate should also have experience with the preparation of Estate (Form 706) and Gift (Form 709) Tax Returns.
The ability to function at a high level and assume significant responsibilities is also required. Candidate will work directly with clients and senior attorneys.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Bachelor's degree and paralegal certificate preferred.
- Must be a California Notary (or be able to become one).
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to Michael.Gersovitz@randstadusa.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.