Exciting opportunity in Downtown San Jose is looking for a Controller to build out and mold the accounting and finance team. This Series A funded Start Up company, backed by a US based investment firm, is part of a multi-billion dollar industry and is tackling the pain points and priorities of this industry head on. They are blazing a trail for others to follow by changing the way business is done so owners can focus on what matters most. Happy Customers, steady growth, and a strong bottom line.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $160,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: Position Summary:
- Manage the daily financial transactions in the general ledger, including maintenance, analysis, and summarization of the general ledger accounts. Ensure timely and correct booking of purchase and sales invoices. Maintain vendor and customer relations. Manage asset inventory system. Refine and maintain the chart of accounts. Process month-end-closings and generate reconciliations and corresponding management reports.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial data, in accordance with GAAP, to the leadership team.
- Review routine financial statements which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations. Present financial information to senior management and/or the Board of Directors.
- Implement and maintain internal controls and accounting policies and procedures.
- Institute and manage revenue recognition policies and processes and oversee monthly revenue and accounts receivable close processes to include proper preparation of deferred revenue, accounts receivable and unbilled revenues.
qualifications: Required and Preferable Experience:
- Start-up experience is a DEFINITE requirement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. Master's is preferred.
- Experience with a Big 4 firm is highly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP accounting principles; CPA highly preferred
- Prior SAAS accounting experience is desired.
- FinTech and/or payment experience is a bonus
- ERP implementation background is preferred
If you think you have the qualifications to take this company to the next level, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
for a confidential conversation and resume review.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.