job summary: Controller
Successful publicly traded construction company in the South Bay Area is currently seeking a Controller to support their accounting department and manage the full team. Position would manage a mid-size accounting team and report to the CFO. Experience with project accounting a must. Qualified candidates will have 8+ years of experience within accounting including construction company experience. CPA.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 170,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
responsibilities: Controller Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
- Drive the Work In Progress (WIP) process by scheduling meetings with Project Managers
- Develop, test and update SOX compliance procedures
- Performs monthly balance sheet account analysis
- Reviews account budgets for variance
- Prepares cash, AP, AR reports on monthly basis
- Advises senior management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities; reviewing monthly projects expenses to billed expenses
- Reviews for accuracy and posts journal entries
- Directs Month End, Quarter End, and Year End Close
- Reconciles billings and payments with clients
- Arranges for audits of company's accounts
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies
- Prepares monthly management financial reports and reviews for accuracy
- Prepares sales and use tax accrual reports
- Supervise, mentor and train accounting staff
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and progressive accounting responsibilities
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Proficient on MS Office Suite
- Excellent Excel skills
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent Organization
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
skills: General Ledger, Month-End Close, Project Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.