job summary: Consultant Business and Legal Affairs
The ideal person will negotiate for our high volume studio producing domestically and internationally for primarily cable and digital platforms. This includes negotiations for the acquisition of IP and for above the line talent, including writer, actor, director and producers in connection with the development and production of original programming including live action and animated pilots and series
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $100 - 120 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
Key responsibilities of this executive include
- Negotiate, draft, issue, and track a high volume of television production and development agreements
- Effectively negotiate and close deals, clearly articulate explanation of deal points, issues, and positions and advise senior management regarding deal structures, production budgets and all other business issues for the studio
- Analyze contracts in response to business question, and provide information as necessary; Provide ongoing legal advice on strategic and complex matters around production, clearance and other issues
- Superior negotiation skills with proven ability to think independently and creatively in order to close complex high level deals quickly and within parameters
- Deadline driven, have the ability to organize and prioritize a heavy work load, and be familiar with customary deal terms and parameters with television series issues
- Familiarity with a wide variety of deal templates and the ability to be comfortable in a changing business environment
- Ability to work closely with internal finance, production and creative executives, as well as strong relationships among talent representatives
- A candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will enable him/her to interact with a range of personalities and styles and be able to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization; have a solution-oriented approach, strong negotiation skills and be highly motivated, well-organized and have a strong work ethic.
skills: Business Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.