job summary: Senior Technical Accountant Position Summary
The Senior Accountant works closely with the Accounting Manager on day to day general ledger responsibilities, financial statement reporting, and higher level accounting issues. The desired candidate will have public and private accounting experience, preferably in the manufacturing industry.
location: San Clemente, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
responsibilities: Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with month-end close procedures including preparing journal entries
- Perform monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare and coordinate audit schedules for external auditors on a quarterly basis
- Ad hoc reporting
- Work on special assignments as they arise
qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent
- 3-7 years of related experience
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Public accounting experience is a must
- Experience with an ERP accounting system a strong plus, Oracle preferred
skills: CPA, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.