job summary: Role:
The fixed asset accountant position will be accountable for recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
location: Norfolk, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 4
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recordation of fixed assets.
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Organize/Assign tag numbers to fixed assets.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Calculate asset retirement obligations for those fixed assets to which AROs are applicable.
- Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
- Conduct periodic impairment reviews for intangible assets.
- Organize/Conduct periodic physical inventory counts of fixed assets.
- Recommend to management whether fixed assets should be disposed of.
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Prepare property tax returns.
- Represent the company during any audits by a government that involve fixed assets.
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Higher
- Strong business acumen
- 3+ years of fixed asset accounting experience
- Exceptional Excel skills and proficiency in MS Office suite
To apply, please send your resume to Tathiane.Thompson@RandstadUSA.com.
skills: Fixed Assets
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.