job summary: AP Clerk
Our client, a Construction company in Dallas, is expanding and is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to join their team. This is a position that can offer the right candidate a wide range of responsibilities.
location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $17.50 - 18.75 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 1 Years
responsibilities: Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to processing payment.
- Process check and wire requests.
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly.
- 1099 maintenance. Verify federal ID numbers.
- Respond to vendor inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Assist in month end closing.
- Solely responsible for new vendor and ACH setup.
- Assist with other projects as requested.
qualifications: Personal Characteristics:
- Multi-tasked, detail oriented, and works well with deadlines
- A person who takes initiative and is "self starter" with a positive attitude
- Cooperative/Team Player
- Resourceful, reliable and punctual
- Eager to learn, and able to take direction from others
- Must be proficient in communicating at all levels in both oral and written form.
- 1 + years of Accounts Payable experience.
- Associate Degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school; college courses in accounting preferred.
- Must have strong work ethics, be well organized and a self-starter.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable, team player.
- Proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch.
- Have worked with high level GL systems and having an understanding of automated payment solutions (Nexus Systems) is highly preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills.
To apply to this position, please send your resume to Kristin.Finn@Randstadusa.com!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.