Payroll Tax Analyst
Payroll Tax Analyst
The Payroll Accounting department is seeking a Payroll Tax Analyst who will be responsible for the payroll tax function, including performing all tasks associated with the reporting and payment of payroll taxes to various taxing authorities, and maintaining all tax rates in the JD Edwards payroll system. The Payroll Accounting department provides support to all departments.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $38 - 40 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Prepare and file federal and state weekly tax payments to third-party tax filing service, and reconcile quarterly tax filings and year-end W-2 Forms, as well as W-2C preparation and filing with ADP. This includes verifying and reconciling tax data between JD Edwards payroll and general ledger and ADP.
- Reconcile general ledger payroll tax balance sheet accounts and prepare correcting journal entries as needed.
- Perform payroll tax system administration including data maintenance, adjustments and corrections to ensure data integrity related to tax calculations, tax jurisdictions setup, company setup and tax tables. Coordinate application and testing monthly Vertex tax update to JD Edwards. Verify and update state unemployment (SUI) rates between ADP and JD Edwards before first payroll each year and maintain changes as necessary during the year.
- Update weekly changes to employee's lived in and worked in state and local tax designations.
- Research, resolve and respond to employee inquiries in a timely and accurate manor regarding current and prior year, quarter and year-end W-2 tax issues. Prepare W-2C Forms as needed and adjusting entries in JD Edwards. This includes resolving tax setup issues.
- Prepare and file/transmit manual tax returns not done by tax filing service and request checks from Accounts Payable.
- Annually enter imputed income for RSI's, union pensions and life insurance in JD Edwards.
- Maintain favorable relationships with governmental agencies.
- Resolve tax related notices in a timely manner.
- Run and audit payroll reports for management review as necessary.
- Keep current on tax laws and regulations changes, and provide support to the payroll staff on tax laws and issues as needed. Research applicable laws and regulations as need for complex employee tax setup requests.
- A Minimum 3-5 years of multi-state payroll tax experience required, including payroll tax accounting and general ledger tax account reconciliations for a company with a minimum of 5,000 employees.
- Some experience with taxation for employees working on various types of work visas a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Work and Outlook required.
- JD Enterprise and ADP Tax experience preferred or similar systems.
- Must be current on federal and state tax compliance for both the employee and employer, multi-state and local tax setup for employees and have a proven record of knowing how to research tax related inquiries.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities at the same time, be meticulous and accurate, and complete tasks timely and accurately in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing deadlines. Must be able to react with the appropriate sense of urgency, without sacrificing accuracy, in order to meet those deadlines.
- Must be a detail-oriented, possess demonstrated analytical skills and problem resolution skills, and be very organized.
- Must have excellent business writing skills.
- Must have a strong communications and customer service skills, and be able to interact professionally with all levels of management and employees.
skills: JD Edwards, MS Office, Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.