This is a direct hire Accounting Manager position with an emerging company north of Boston. This is an immediate need for a leader to join a growing company. This position will be responsible for a wide range of financial accounting duties and take on more duties as permitted (going to build around this individual).
This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference. You will gain exposure to a variety of areas in a leadership capacity.
location: Wakefield, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
The position will learn and take on the accounting functions of this growing company north of Boston. This position will oversee a staff responsible to ensure GAAP compliance, as well as establish/strengthen accounting policies & procedures.
- Manage, train, and mentor staff
- Oversee accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing
- Create, implement and maintain accounting policies and procedures and ensure GAAP compliance
- Responsible for revenue recognition and managing cash flow
- Develop and strengthen internal controls
- Coordinate, prepare and review periodical reports and audits
- Ensure accurate payroll process
The ideal candidate will have:
- BS in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA and advanced degree is preferred
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills required. Must be able to work closely with senior executives
- Track record of success managing staff.
- Ability to adapt and quickly change gears is required
skills: Bank Reconciliations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.