We are looking for a proactive Staff Accountant with hands on AP / AR experience to join our high performing team in a rapid growth stage start-up company. On top of the wonderful company culture, we have a competitive compensation package and offer significant opportunities for professional growth and development.
This is an exciting opportunity to work directly alongside our Accounting Manager and VP of Finance, supporting our team, interacting internally and externally with business entities, ensuring the company has accurate and timely accounting and financial information, in which to inform management and business decisions.
location: Framingham, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $45,000 - 55,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Accounting duties
- Journal entries / Bill / Payment transactions using QB Online
- Monthly recs of 10+ bank accounts
- Amortization - prepaid expenses and depreciation of physical assets
- Conducting periodic, in-person inventory counts
- Monthly financial statements for all affiliated entities, including: P&L; Balance Sheet; Cash Flow Statement; and General Ledger
- Accounts Payable
- Create weekly accounts payable report in QB to solicit approval of each payment
- Set-up invoices for dept. head approvals using online applications
- Employee expenses: streamline expense accounting and integration with QB; set-up payments and itemize journal entries appropriately.
- Manage vendor relationships and respond in a timely manner to their requests with pertinent information, procure W-9s for vendors for year end 1099 filings.
- Accounts Receivable: ensure timely and accurate payments from wholesale accounts
- Audits & Inspections: aid staff in preparing for audits and, assist as needed with third-party and internal audits
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, economics or related field of study
- 1-3 years of AP/ AR experience in a corporate setting
- Passion for learning, work hard mentality, and confidence to work independently
- Proficient in MS Excel, Quickbooks
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join a supportive team, with great career advancement opportunities in an exciting and ever developing industry. Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply here or contact Nigel Butler with Randstad Professionals at firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Account Reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Accruals, Bank Reconciliations, AP, Month-End Close, A/P Processing, A/P Review
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.