job summary: Medical Biller Job Summary
The purpose of this position is to provide support for accounting and/or finance staff as needed. Duties may include data entry, report generation and distribution, and special projects as assigned. Position may also work with accounts payable/receivables. Tasks included may be compiling, classifying, recording, verifying and maintaining data and payments to accounts payable and receivable records.
location: New Cassel, New York
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 4
education: Associate's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Contacting insurance carriers to determine claim/appeal status
- Updating spreadsheets with claim information for provider relations projects
- Drafting and sending out technical denial appeal letters
- Reviewing hospital systems to determine collectability of a claim
- Documenting actions in hospital systems and worklist driver to keep the audit trail of an account
- Ability to perform the tasks as described a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate's degree from a two-year college or technical school with courses in accounting, finance or business highly desirable.
- Computer proficiency with experience in Excel and Word required.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and phone skills.
skills: Medical Billing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.