Randstad is working with a leading global investment management firm that manages capital on behalf of its stockholders, as well as institutional and retail investors in private funds, non-traded and traded real estate investment trusts and registered investment companies. They are headquartered in Los Angeles.
They are seeking an outstanding Investment Accounting Controller
to report to the VP, Controller and serve as a key member of the Investment Accounting team. This is a hands-on role that will require detailed involvement in the accounting and financial closing processes
. The Investment Accounting Controller will ensure that the proper accounting procedures, controls and infrastructure remain in place and are scaled as the company continues to grow. The incumbent will also direct the Investment Accounting's general accounting practices, internal controls and financial analysis and reporting. This is an exciting managerial opportunity to mentor an Accounting team of 10.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $145,000 - 160,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Master's Degree
experience: 10 Years
- Manage and review the Investment Accounting functions for a variety of investment types, including single-loans, loan portfolios, preferred equity, and operating real estate
- Develop and improve processes and timing of monthly close, analytical review of monthly operating results and accounting workbooks and ensure compliance with SOX
- Review accretion calculations, monthly accruals, monthly and quarterly reporting and cash projections.
- Collaborate with operations to identify when hold/disposition assumptions have changed and accretion adjustments are required
- Review and understand partnership agreements and loan agreements
- Review and monitor consolidation/elimination entries are complete and accurate
- Promote and ensure consistency in the treatment of accounting transactions
- Lead, mentor and train the Investment Accounting team, including the development and maintenance of accounting procedures manual
- Interact and coordinate with finance/acquisition/asset management professionals regarding budgeting/forecasting, regulatory and lender reporting, valuation matters
- Coordinate/oversee the preparation of the company's annual budget, monitor operating results and update forecasts; provide ad hoc reporting to management
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors
- 9 - 12 years of progressive accounting experience with minimum 4 years in Big 4 public accounting
- Current CPA required
- Real estate or financial services industry experience strongly preferred. Experience in investment management or private equity environment is desirable
- Intermediate understanding of financial modeling and concepts
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Positive leadership style, ability to work effectively under pressure
- Strong analytical, operational, organizational and interpersonal aptitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong intellect, solid business sense and good judgment with the ability to develop into a senior leader
If interested, please send resume to Heidi.email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.