- Ability to perform Accounting Clerk functions and integrate conceptual understanding of accounting principals into assigned duties.
- Prepares General Ledger entries to facilitate the monthly accounting cycle to include accruals, corrections and other transactions necessary for accurate reporting.
- Prepares various General Ledger account reconciliations and works with other bank personnel to resolve outstanding items.
- Reviews and analyzes General Ledger activity related to functions performed to ensure integrity of financial reporting.
- Prepares various schedules and reports for internal audits.
- Assists with Fixed Asset Inventory process, as required.
location: Denver, Colorado
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
Effectively communicate with Project Managers, regarding capital projects, purchase orders and other modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to tracking and expenditures.
- Maintain the project folders and spreadsheets for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, contractor invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management
- Coordinate project documentation and reports including all applicable backup for approval.
- Data entry special projects into Enterprise System.
- Assist with processing time keeping hours for hourly employees and temporary staff.
- Perform back up payroll processing duties.
- Assist with researching open purchase orders.
- Reconcile and process month-end employee benefit invoices.
- Data entry employee benefit adds, changes and deletions into payroll system and benefit insurance carrier portals.
qualifications: SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or some college courses in accounting or business preferred.
- More than 2 years of billing and receivables experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual is required to be proficient with MS Office; Working knowledge of MRP and ERP functions; HTML/intranet /internet; Technical proficiency working Payroll systems; Data Entry with high degree of accuracy.
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, lumps sum, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the billing process.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to accounting management, as necessary.
- Knowledge of the GL and capital expenditure project structure in a manufacturing business environment.
skills: Account Reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, 1099s
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.