Randstad Professionals is working with a well known manufacturing firm to find their next seasoned Buyer.
See below details for more information!
location: Henrico, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $17 - 22 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Review and release of purchase orders to support the production plan.
- Review and release of forecasts to vendors and proactive communication with them to ensure supply capacity.
- Daily follow-up and management of material supply in close cooperation with Order planner, production, goods receiving and vendors
- Inventory management and purchase order issue and coordination for indirect material
- Monitor/manage suppliers for quality and delivery accuracy
- Creates new vendors or supply alternatives in the MRP/ERP-system, to enable purchase order entry.
- Regular review of inventory management parameters for raw material inventory
- Interface with Global and Regional purchasing teams in the development of new suppliers or new component designs, when required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering - required
- 3-4 years of experience in a similar role in a manufacturing company environment
- APICS certification (CPIM/CRIM) (preferred)
- Experience with manufacturing MRP / ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics AX - preferred)
- Experience in Lean manufacturing
If you feel like you would be a good fit for this opportunity please send your updated resume to Samantha.Johnson@randstadusa.com!
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Technically competent in area of responsibility; able to use company systems and programs efficiently.
skills: Purchase Orders, Purchasing/Procurement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.