Looking for a smart, energetic, entreprenaruial Controller. Reporting to the CFO, position will be a trusted partner, building out and managing various aspects of finance operations, including accounting operations, system implementation, and tax. As a key member of the finance team, you will establish a strong "business partner" relationship with the functional teams and be seen as the company's technical expert in accounting and finance matters.
If you have a very strong technical accounting, operations background in a SaaS software company, or demonstrated ability to build accounting controls, processes and systems in a growth company, extreme attention to detail and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and jumping in, then read on!
location: Matawan, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Manage day-to-day operations of accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections, cash management, payroll, general ledger, tax reporting, financial statement preparation, and related internal controls.
- Accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes, and the preparation of internal and external financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare and present quarterly board package presentation materials.
- Work with external auditors, investors, bankers and tax constituents.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for revenue recognition and technical accounting matters. Assess and develop plans to implement ASC 606.
- Handle daily cash management and produce cash-flow reports, calculating cash needs on a forward-looking rolling basis.
- Analyze existing processes to streamline current systems and leveraging new finance-related information technology tools
- Refine and maintain written accounting policies and procedures and ensure appropriate implementation and compliance with GAAP.
- Document, implement and monitor best-in-class operating procedures and controls.
- Select, implement and maintain a new accounting system.
- Responsible for tax planning and compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes; manage ongoing communication with tax advisors and any 3rd party professional service.
- Involved in budget planning and forecasting processes.
- 5-7+ years' experience in senior accounting role within a service or software company with recurring revenues; public accounting experience highly preferred
- CPA highly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP accounting principles; revenue recognition OR ASC 606 needed
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets.
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Experience with financial systems implementation
- Tech savvy, comfortable with internally developed systems as well as generally recognized GL systems (QuickBooks, NetSuite and Intacct) and database management. Familiarity with Adaptive Planning and/or SFDC would be a plus
skills: Revenue Recognition
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.