Exciting opportunity for a Senior Financial Accountant to join the Accounting team at a non-profit organization located in Burlingame.
location: Burlingame, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Senior Financial Accountant Responsibilities:
- Reconcile cash receipts to Sage/bank on a daily basis
- Maintain chart of accounts
- Create and maintain financial reports using financial reporting software
- Prepare financial reports for the Foundation Board packet, including all variance analyses
- Prepare and distribute financial statements to Foundation management including event job cost reports
- Reconcile event revenue and job cost expenses; investigate and resolve issues
- Assist management with actual vs budget variance reports, and other financial planning & analysis
- Prepare lead schedules for the year-end audit and draft of the financials
- Prepare organizers for Foundation and Institute tax returns
- Review accuracy of 1099 reporting, sales & use tax filings, annual business property tax filings unclaimed property reporting, and other statutory and regulatory filings
- Assist in annual budget process
- Review, modify, and write accounting policies and procedures, as well as monitor compliance to the policies
Senior Financial Accountant Qualifications:
- CPA license in California
- Minimum of 5 years of Accounting experience in a corporate environment
- Strong GAAP and Nonprofit knowledge
- Good analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, etc.
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to prioritize assignments, multi-task and work under pressure
- Knowledge of Solomon accounting software and FRx Financial Reporting preferred.
Senior Financial Accountant Perks:
- 7.5 hour workdays
- 20 days PTO
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.