A Fortune 500 health care services company based in Dublin, Ohio. The company specializes in distribution of pharmaceuticals and medical products, serving more than 100,000 locations. Randstad is working directly with our partner, hiring for a Package Graphic Designer to work in the fast growing market of Dublin, OH!
The Graphic Designer is primarily responsible for conceptualization, design execution and production of labeling artwork on Client's product packaging while supporting of Client brand and identity system. This designer must have a full understanding of design tools/software, commercial and digital print production (specifically regarding packaging), and design principles and processes. This role requires a great attention to detail and the ability to take creative direction from a Lead Designer to move forward with projects.
location: Dublin, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $27 - 30 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Brainstorming, concepting, layout, production and presentation
- Understand outcomes of project, audience, schedule, necessary resources
- Recommend alternative design ideas for communications when needed
- Implementation of initial layouts and concepts as discussed with Strategic designer
- Design execution of "pick-up" or template driven work.
- Client revisions/editing
- Scans/photo retouch
- Project archiving
- University education. A bachelor of fine arts (BFA) degree is preferred (Communications Arts or Graphic Design major is essential.)
- Minimum 2 years experience in a graphic design position specifically designing packaging
- Creative exploration: ability to concept quickly and accurately to plan specifications
- Problem solver: ability to solve problems creatively, quickly and strategically
- Attention to detail, general organization and project management skills
- Knowledge of the Client's visual identity system and how it applies to their designs
- Knowledge of photo library and assets
- Focus: while paying attention to detail also having the ability to still focus on the big picture and meeting and exceeding team/personal goals
- Understanding of commercial and digital printing
- Visual strategy (typography and photography); and Color strategy (color selection)
- Familiarity with design software in Mac environment (specifically the Adobe Design Suite)
- Team player; effective listening skills and understanding of value of building network.
- Ability to multitask efficiently
- Creative energy tempered with understanding of corporate environment limitations
- Presentation skills: ability to present ideas logically and precisely
- Can effectively communicate with team and clients
- Ability to prioritize tasks and deal with pressure of simultaneous short deadlines
- Motivated, self-starter
- Patience and a good sense of humor
- All work demands a close attention to detail, and accountability/responsibility for successful completion of projects on time and correctly. Understanding the full extent of brand identity standards; print production and design execution are a necessity.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please click to apply! You can also send your updated resume, with your contact information to: Jessica Beal Randstad USA
Jessica.email@example.com Who We Are - Randstad USA Learn more at www.randstadusa.com I will contact you as soon as possible!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.