Excellent opportunity to join a talented and growing team tasked with building the foundation of an established, yet fast growing company. Relaxed culture with team atmosphere.
location: Woburn, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
Provide accounting and analytical support to the Accounting/Finance department. Play a key role in weekly and month end accounting close process.
- Prepare a variety of journal entries, reconcile balance sheet accounts as well as perform several variance analyses.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning ability.
- Ability to manage, reconcile and maintain inter-company balance between several companies.
- Work closely with finance and other depts to ensure the transactions are accurately recorded in the G/L
- Liaise with the field operations and other internal departments to answer questions and provide supporting documentation
- Participate in the development and completion of special projects
- Able to create and maintain strong relationships with business partners
- Knowledge of and ability to successfully apply accounting principles, practices and internal controls
- Assist with enhancing accounting processes, controls, systems and developing improved reporting of accounting results
- Assist in the annual audit process with external auditors
- Highly motivated, flexible, quality focused, team player with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight weekly and monthly deadlines
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Detail-oriented with understanding of business and financial concepts and accounting
- Requires strong system experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups, pivot tables, etc.
- Self motivated individual with a passion for learning
skills: Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.