This is not just an external reporting opportunity, this is a door way into a fortune 500 industry leader with a history of retaining talent and promoting from within. This position is open because the person in the role was recenlty promoted to a Controller role supporting a corporate division after 3 years. Majority of the leadership in the company grew up in the organization and has worked with the company for more than 5 years.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Assist in external reporting by drafting portions of the annual report and preparing quarterly, annual, and other filings, including the 10-Q, 10-K, and 8-K.
- Accounting responsibilities to include preparing and reviewing various journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial statements for joint ventures and subsidiaries.
- Researching GAAP and SEC guidance to ensure accounting treatment and disclosures.
- Accounting degree and 1) CPA or 2) CPA eligible
- Minimum two years' experience with GAAP and SEC reporting (national public accounting experience or SEC reporting experience with a public company)
- Prior manufacturing and/or auditing experience
- Experience with complex financial consolidations
- Experience with XBRL
- Knowledge or proficiency with Oracle/Hyperion consolidation software
skills: Financial Reporting - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.