ADA Compliance QA and SME Associate
Corporate Marketing is seeking a dedicated and detail oriented Senior Accessibility Subject Matter Expert/Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst. Our optimal candidate will not only be able to demonstrate their knowledge and sensitivity to the access needs of people with disabilities, but also be able to act as the champion of quality and is responsible for effectively managing through agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions and support areas. The Senior Accessibility Subject Matter Expert/ Quality Assurance Analyst will compose side by side comparison to what the designers have mocked up against what the developers have executed. S/he works collaboratively with product owners, designers, architects, management, and scrum teams to ensure reliable, fully functional and user-friendly websites before they are released to the public.
· Broad knowledge of accessibility barriers and how people with disabilities experience digital content, as well as the tools and techniques to identify accessibility issues
· Knowledge of accessibility standards and policies: WCAG 2.0, ADA, Section 508, 21 st Century Video and Communications Act. Knowledge of International laws is a plus
· Expert knowledge of assistive technology (e.g. screen readers, magnifiers, alternative input, etc.)
· Ability to discern accessibility issues from prototypes and individual components
· Knowledge of accepted accessibility patterns and best practices
· Ability to analyze and employ problem-solving skills to recommend the best solution
· Detailed knowledge of a broad range of technologies:
o Accessibility on various platforms including Windows and MacOS
o Mobile accessibility on various platforms including Android and IOS
o Video and other digital media
o PDF and other document standards
o Knowledge of technologies including but not limited to: ( Familiarity of these languages are nice to have but not mandatory)
§ HTML 4 and 5
§ CSS 2 and 3
§ Ability to analyze code for accessibility issues
§ Ability to guide and coach colleagues and clients in one on one, small group, or large forum environments
§ Ability to communicate to a wide range of project stakeholders (e.g. Executives, Managers, Designers, Developers, etc)
§ Ability to work in both a team environment and as an individual consultants with your assigned client
· Exposure to multi-platforms, and cross-browser testing. Must be knowledgeable of trends for new browser versions, mobile devices and/or other digital applications.
· Exposure to rich media within web applications (audio, video, responsive design validation)
· A strong interest in the Web and end-user applications and an investigative drive to discover the underlying causes of technical problem
Some added pluses:
· Knowledge of ALM, JIRA and Confluence is a plus
· Experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies is a plus
· Ability to leverage industry knowledge to discern future trends is a plus
· Knowledge of regression testing is a plus
· Experience with Internet or mobile usability/accessibility research is a plus
· Previous web design or development experience
location: Wilmington, Delaware
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
responsibilities: Inside Info
The firm is making a big push since 2014, and by the end of 2018 anything public facing needs to be 75% ADA Compliant: Digital Banners, videos, any issues from color contrast to screen reader not working, captions/sub-title
Creative reviews, and development /design review perspective whether they are ADA compliant
They are looking for someone to provide guidance to the teams, and assisting in ADA Governance, where to get the information. There is testing execution; executing test scripts.
WCH (Standards from ADA - Web Content Accessibility Guidelines)
They do want the person to come in with this knowledge
Time management is important because they can be put on seven projects at one time. They are looking for QA backgrounds / Training/Education / Business Analysts or PMs hopefully with ADA experience
qualifications: Application Process
Once we know you're interested, a Randstad Professionals recruiter will review your resume and contact you to better understand your skills and tell you more about the opportunity. We will meet qualified candidates face to face and our best talent interviews with the employer face to face - we will move quickly!
Interviewing now! Click Apply to submit your resume today.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.