Are you looking for a career where there is actually a work/life balance? Are you in need of health benefits along with a competitive salary? Are you looking to work for a company where you are rewarded for your hard work and are given the opportunity to grow and be challenged? Look no further - a large, private corporate office located in the Franklin, TN/Cool Springs area has an immediate need for a Payroll Manager. For immediate consideration, please respond directly to this posting and/or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
location: Franklin, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $58,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Ensures that restaurant, corporate, trainee, manager and special payroll processing is completed by the due dates and that the checks are accurate and distributed in a timely manner for all employees. Supervision of the payroll hand check process including maintenance of log books, online payrolls, stop payments, adjustments, calculation of checks, coordination with accounting, etc. Ensures that all payroll procedures are followed in processing payrolls.
- Assure timely maintenance of the payroll system including, tax percentages, tax limits, new store set up, accurate input of coding, transfers, terminations, new hires, rehires and deduction modifications, review of status change report, direct deposit requests and reconciliation / maintain payroll accounts in payroll and the general ledger.
- Assures that weekly, quarterly and annual payroll tax returns and reports are filed timely and accurately for all taxing jurisdictions including federal, state, city, county, occupational, school, state and federal unemployment and workers comp. Processing of W-2's.
- Maintain technical competence in areas for payroll processing, tax and accounting including the identification, and proposal of solutions on technical issues. Responsible for notices and inquiries from taxing bodies, including research and drafting of correspondence.
- Responsible for the direct supervision, training and performance evaluation of the payroll staff.
- Responsible for accurate computation of deductions including insurance, garnishments, taxes, retirement plan and other withholdings. Calculation and verification of benefit inclusions including automobile, excess life insurance, moving expense, vacation, etc.
- Coordinate with external auditors and other departments to compile and evaluate information required.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must possess approximately 5 years of expeirence combined in HRIS, HR, and/or Payroll.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Oracle HCM experience highly desired.
- Strong background in Accounting and General Ledger.
- Knowledge of Project Management.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and ability to identify areas for process improvement.
skills: Oracle, 401K, 10-key, Certified Payroll Professional, 1099s
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.