The primary function of the Administrative Assistant role is to provide administrative support managing all office operations, including special projects for Sales, Executives, and PR. This is high profile position involved in various aspects of managing a high profile office, requires a professional who can work independently with little day to day supervision, someone who is self-starter, creative, flexible, and has a proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals in a demanding environment are required to be successful.
location: White Plains, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $18 - 22 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 0 Years
Office Administration Manage general office operations as day-to-day administrative tasks such as branch mailings, FedEx/messenger service, submitting general office invoices, oversee cleaning staff and ensure office is always tidy, order office supplies, set up IT equipment for meetings and appointments, answer door, etc. in order to ensure this high profile office reflects our company image and brand.
- Maintain and expand Procedures Manual for role and office
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Coordinate and arrange all local meetings: conference & training room reservations and food requests for Sales, PR, Marketing and Executive teams. Also office admin support with copies needed, etc.
- Track and process all incoming invoices related to operations of office: storage, drinking water, supplies, shipping, etc.
- Building Maintenance-Handle light facility maintenance to achieve high company standard. Contact building manager or outside vendor as needed.
- Liaise with Headquarters IT Department on equipment issues/updates. Set-Up and use of AV equipment and manage visitor connectivity requests
- Coordinate messenger service and handle shipping requests as needed; including label preparation as required (i.e.: Fed Ex Online, etc.). Track deliveries as requested
- Establish and maintain systems and procedures in new office (March 2016)
- Specialist Support - research, correspondence on behalf of, and administrative support as needed for local team and C-Level executives as requested.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.