job summary: Sr. Accounts Payable Clerk
American financial technology and bank holding company based in Pasadena, CA. Sr. A/P Clerk Summary:
The Sr. A/P Clerk is responsible for the preparation and vouching of accounts payable documents and supports the month-end close and timely presentation of corporate financial statements.
location: Monrovia, California
job type: Contract
salary: $18 - 21 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Associate's degree
experience: 2 Years
Month end close process for Accrual Accounting:
- Check and process all invoices for payment, including obtaining approvals and coding to the appropriate responsibility center and general ledger account, handle all research to resolve any issue with unpaid invoices
- Coordinate ACH and Check Runs
- Ensure purchase orders and invoices contain proper approvals and authorizations for payment, match purchase orders to corresponding invoices, and follow up with departmental approving managers when necessary
- Process Revenue share from the sale of our products within specified deadlines
Communicate regularly with banking representatives to resolve fraud exceptions, bank errors and other issues
- Strong organization skills with the flexibility to handle multiple tasks at one time
Maintain all accounts payable records to ensure SOX compliance, and update procedures when required
- Reconcile vendor statements, researching and rectifying any discrepancies against the AP aging reports or other internal AP reports on a monthly basis and provide explanation if necessary
Strong understanding of journal entry adjustments, and the type of backup documentation required to accommodate these types of adjustments to ensure company is within audit compliance guidelines
Expense Accrual Processing both reversing and non-reversing accrual entries
- Create accruals using Excel and prepare uploads to the primary accounting operating system
- Month-end research requests as assigned by the AP Manager
- GL variance explanations
- Adheres to all policies and procedures concerning all confidential information including but not limited to internal use and restricted information, including Protected Consumer Information (PCI) and Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Administer duties as defined by the company performance review plan within the required deadlines
- BA or BS degree with accounting experience and 5 plus years of full cycle AP processing based on accrual accounting
- Excellent computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Oracle is Preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with strong customer service skills
- Detail oriented with good problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in preparing year-end 1099s.
Click to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.