Successful Building Company in the South Bay is seeking a Financial & SEC Reporting Manager to join the team. Great opportunity for candidates with a public accounting background to learn or build upon their SEC skills.
location: Santa Clara, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Researching, organizing and completing various SEC documents to ensure financial information is accurate and in compliance with general accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations.
- Managing the preparation, analysis and reporting of the company's financial and operating results to ensure financial information is accurate and relevant to internal decision making processes. Essential Job Accountabilities
- Organize, draft and distribute to senior management and auditors SEC documents such as the 10Q and 10K including financial statements, financial statement footnotes and MD&A using financial schedules prepared by other functional groups and disclosure checklists to ensure compliance with GAAP and SEC regulations.
- Coordinate with the Company's external auditors to schedule their fieldwork and information needs and to communicate financial reporting issues during quarter and year end periods to the audit firm's satisfaction.
- Coordinate and participate in the preparation of audits of subsidiaries, joint ventures and prequalification forms as required to ensure deadlines are met and financial information is accurate.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and research of accounting literature, as requested by management, including monitoring and participating as a key contributor on projects to implement new rules and regulations proposed, or under review, by accounting standards setting bodies (such as the FASB and SEC) to analyze the impact on company operations.
- Responsible for the evaluation and maintenance of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and analyses as well as for the development of new reports and report writing databases to allow for analysis of company operations and to improve the efficiency of the reporting process.
- Work with other departments, including senior management, to develop a variety of reports that present information in a clear and concise manner to answer specific questions, provide insight into company operations and enable decision making based on a variety of information needs.
- Review and approve financial package reports, prepared by financial reporting staff and other functional groups, as applicable, to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for management of the financial reporting team, including but not limited to; staffing, work assignments, compensation and performance management to ensure company initiatives are met and staff development.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required
- CPA required
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 4+ years' experience in public accounting or a combination of public accounting and corporate accounting required (public accounting preferred)
- Management/supervisory experience
- Experience with SEC reporting requirements and researching SEC reporting and technical issues, including all disclosures and MD&A
- Experience with internal financial reporting and data analyses using Microsoft Excel
- Prior experience working collaboratively with various department and groups (legal, treasury, tax, accounting, etc.)
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills and working knowledge of large ERP software (JD Edwards/Oracle Enterprise One experience a plus)
- Ability to research and analyze new accounting standards/pronouncements issued by the SEC and FASB to determine the impact on the Company.
- Ability to collaborate internally, and externally, to achieve appropriate solutions necessary for financial reporting deadlines
- Strong consultative and communication skills (written & oral) and ability to interface effectively with all internal and external stakeholders and effectively disseminate information
- Ability to properly manage and prioritize resources, people and projects and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions to real-time challenges
- Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Team player, with strong leadership skills, who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment
- Familiarity with Workiva application and XBRL a plus
For immediate & confidential consideration, contact me at email@example.com.
skills: Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.