Successful Building Company in the South Bay is seeking a Senior SEC & Financial Analyst to join the team. Great opportunity for candidates with a public accounting background to learn or build upon their SEC skills.
location: Santa Clara, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $105,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
This position is responsible for researching, organizing and completing various financial documents and assisting other areas in Financial Reporting to ensure compliance with general accepted accounting principles (GAAP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other regulations. Essential Job Accountabilities
- Organize, draft and distribute to senior management and /or auditors financial documents such as the 10Q, 10K, subsidiary financial statements and prequalification forms, including financial statements, financial statement footnotes, MD&A and XBRL using financial schedules prepared by other functional groups and disclosure checklists to ensure compliance with GAAP, SEC and other regulations.
- Collaborate with and review financial schedules prepared by other functional groups to obtain the necessary information for SEC and other financial documents and to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Assist in coordinating with the Company's external auditors to schedule their fieldwork and information needs and to communicate financial reporting issues during quarter and year end periods to the audit firm's satisfaction.
- Assist in evaluating and maintaining monthly, quarterly and annual reports and analyses as well as in the development of new reports and report writing databases to allow for analysis of company operations and to improve the efficiency of the reporting process and to ensure reports are meeting customer needs.
- Review financial package reports, prepared by financial reporting staff and other functional groups, as applicable, to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and research of accounting literature, as requested by management, including participating as a key contributor on projects to implement new rules and regulations proposed, or under review, by accounting standards setting bodies (such as the FASB and SEC) to analyze the impact on company operations.
- Assist in interfacing with others, including senior management, external auditors and consultants regarding accounting and financial reporting issues to ensure compliance with GAAP and SEC regulations.
- Assist in evaluating the sufficiency and effectiveness of the company's internal controls as necessary for compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- BS degree in accounting or finance required
- CPA preferred
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Minimum 4 years' experience in public accounting or a combination of public accounting and corporate accounting required.
- Experience with SEC reporting requirements and researching SEC reporting and technical issues.
- Prior experience working collaboratively with other departments such as Legal, Treasury, Tax and Accounting.
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills and working knowledge of large ERP software (JD Edwards/Oracle Enterprise One experience a plus)
- Strong familiarity with research tools and the ability to regularly update/increase SEC reporting and technical accounting knowledge
- Ability to collaborate internally and externally to achieve appropriate solutions necessary for financial reporting deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information
- Team player who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment
- Internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Leadership experience a plus
- Familiarity with Webfilings / Active Disclosure application a plus
For immediate and confidential consideration, contact me at email@example.com.
skills: Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.