job summary: Built on 30 years of expertise, Randstad Professionals provides specialized recruiting services to a diverse portfolio of clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small and mid-sized businesses spanning multiple industries.
Our Direct Hire Technology Practice is currently searching for a Management Information Systems Technician to join a company in the MD area. This is a FTE career opportunity. Job Description:
Under the general supervision of the Chief Information Officer, with specific supervision from the Senior Network Administrator II, the Management Information Systems Technician is responsible for providing hardware and software support to computer users both on and off site.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $31,000 - 35,000 per year
work hours: 7 to 3
experience: 0 Years
Primary job functions:
- Installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to computer hardware and software systems and provides technical assistance and training to system users.
- Inspects computer equipment and reads order sheet listing user requirements to prepare computer for delivery.
- Installs or assists service personnel in installation of hardware and peripheral components, such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on user's premises, following design or installation specifications.
- Loads specified software packages, such as operating systems, word processing or spreadsheet programs into computers.
- Diagnoses system hardware, software and operator problems and recommends or performs minor remedial actions to correct problems based on knowledge of system operations.
- Converses with equipment operators to ascertain problems with equipment before breakdown and to determine if breakdown is due to human error or mechanical problems.
- Tests faulty equipment and applies knowledge of functional operation of electronic units and systems to diagnose cause of malfunction.
- Replaces defective components and adjusts mechanical parts.
- Enters information into computer to copy program from one electronic component to another.
- Maintains adequate records of all system repairs and resolution to support tickets, including, but not limited to, submission of daily work orders.
- Travels to remote sites to diagnose and repair connectivity issues.
- Responds to employee computer issues with poise and urgency as required.
- Makes recommendations on the disposal of outdated/non-operational Agency equipment.
- Maintains asset inventory for both hardware and software.
- Uses technology for the completion of specified job duties.
- Attends work regularly according to assigned work schedule and in accordance with Agency policy.
- Attends and participates in inservice training, staff meetings and other activities to facilitate professional development.
- Works cooperatively with others including all staff, supervisors, administrators, co-workers, individuals served, community professionals, customers, vendors and the public.
- Follows instructions and abides by Agency policies and procedures.
- Be a positive role model for individuals served and Agency staff.
- Assumes other duties, responsibilities and special projects as needed.
Secondary job functions:
- Works cooperatively and effectively with Agency volunteers maximizing the volunteers' experience while meeting the needs of individuals served and the programs.
Candidates should understand and have a proven track record with:
- Vocational or trade school training or related on-the-job experience with current industry-standard hardware and software, including Windows-based systems.
- College level training and/or professional certifications (i.e. A+, MCP or Microsoft Desktop Support) are a plus. Must have an acceptable driving record as determined by criteria established by the Agency's insurance carrier and by Agency policy.
- Ability to communicate on the telephone
- Valid driver's license from state of legal residence and ability to drive
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and speak English
- Ability to complete tasks with numerous interruptions
- Ability to stand
- Ability to work with little to no direct supervision
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to walk up and down stairs
- Ability to understand basic math and work with numbers
- Ability to type
- Ability to operate machinery without posing a safety hazard to self or others
- Ability to use senses effectively in a manner that will serve the needs of the individuals
- Ability to understand technical written material
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and respect for persons with developmental disabilities
- Ability to lift more than 50 lbs.
- Ability to use computer
- Full range of motion above the head
- Ability to bend, lift and carry
- Full awareness of environmental stimuli
- Must be able to maintain a safe environment for up to 8-10 people. This includes, but is not limited to the physical ability to evacuate people during disaster drills and emergency situations.
- Must be able to physically assist people with personal hygiene and transfers as required.
Qualified candidates should send a resume to email@example.com
At this time, our client is only able to consider candidates that are eligible to work for any employer in the United States without sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.