We are hiring an Accounts Receivable Specialist for a mid-size financial services company downtown Manhattan. You will frequently interact with higher levels of management where you will need to be a strong communicator. A positive, can-do attitude, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multitask will help you be successful in this role.
Working in a professional, collaborative team culture, you will monitor invoice payment activity, prepare and submit invoices and deposit receipts. You will make daily collection calls and make copies of all checks and complete deposit slips. On occasion, you may be asked to provide backup support to other groups in the accounting department, typing periodic reports and performing other general administrative duties The ideal candidate for this Accounts Receivable role will have Excel knowledge, as well as specific accounting software experience, including QuickBooks and ERP systems such as Oracle. In addition to technical skills, you will bring a variety of soft skills to the table, including communication abilities and willingness to adopt new methodologies.
location: Jamaica, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 25 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
experience: 1 Years
- Ensure funds received are accurately allocated against relevant invoices.
- Review individual client balances, follow up on unpaid invoices and ensure accounts are kept within trading terms Follow up with consultants for refunds or other outstanding issues.
- Maintain accounts receivable ledger for accuracy.
- Responsible for reviewing billing process for continuous improvement and engaging key stakeholders for feedback.
- Communicate consistent errors with other parts of the business for rectification
- Provide assistance to other areas of the finance department as required.
- Provide reporting to Management as required.
- Bank entries and reconciliations
- Process cash transfers as directed.Assistance with monthly and end of month activities
- Attend to inquiries from internal and external customers and suppliers in a timely and appropriate manner.
- General office and filing duties as required.
- Relief of other Finance team member tasks from time to time as directed
- Other ad hoc tasks as directed.
- Bachelor's degree, highly preferred
- Minimum of 1+ year of accounts receivable experience
- Analytical approach to planning, problem-solving, and decision making
- Acute attention to detail with "big picture" understanding
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Customer Service orientated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (including Outlook, Excel), QuickBooks and Oracle
- Demonstrated ability and aptitude with accounting system platforms
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.