Privately held company based in Seattle, is looking for their next Payroll and Benefits Manger. This mission of this organization is to donate a portion of all proceeds to the healing of others. If you are passionate about improving the overall well being and health of others and want to be a part of an organization that embraces that as a mission, then this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
location: Seattle, Washington
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 4
education: Associate's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Prepare payroll and administrate biweekly payroll processing accurately and timely;
- Review and prepare the funding and payment processing for all payroll and benefits (401k, medical, dental, vision, STD), COBRA, and garnishments bi-weekly;
- Process payroll tax payments with responsibility for review, accuracy and integrity of data resulting in tax payments
- Ensures appropriate approvals are in place for special wage payments (bonus, commissions, etc.) and documentation is in place in the system and as needed;
- Conduct off cycle and manual checks as needed
- Stay current with local, state and federal legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and help ensure policies, procedures, and associated actions are in compliance.
- Maintain systems and employee-related payroll and tax files ensuring compliance with record retention practices.
- Utilize knowledge and experience from human resource and accounting domains for advising and implementing best practices in payroll administration
- Produce reports to forecast for funding of payroll and benefits;
- Provide the necessary reports associated with payroll and benefits to key leadership
- Manages HRIS administration including system customization such as deductions relative to open enrollment, plan renewals and implementation of new plans. Manages and acts as a resource ("guru") for all reporting needs with HRIS.
- Administer employee benefits programs in the HRIS such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and wellness programs in partnership with HR & Benefits Manager
- Continuous analysis and understanding of the employee population to review and recommend field usage and updates to ensure integrity and accuracy for HR and Finance's use of the system.
- Partner to assure company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Affordable Care Act. Supervise preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and report necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinate company benefits with government-sponsored programs.
- Redirects benefits inquiries and complaints to as appropriate to the HR & Benefits Manager or the benefit resource center to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Supervise maintenance of enrollment and records for all benefits plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related preferred
- Minimum 3 years of progressive accounting and/or payroll experience
- Experience with WA and CA employees preferred
- Experience with ADP WorkforceNow or tier one payroll system required
- Manufacturing, agriculture, and/or Retail industry background highly preferred
- Knowledge of payroll processes and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced proficiency with spreadsheet data manipulation and creation
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative and customer-service work style
Qualified candidates please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: 401K, ADP, Benefit Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.