A Stratford area company has a newly created role for an Accountant. This unique Accountant role will combine both general ledger and cost accounting. There is strong potential to be promoted into a Senior Accountant role in 1-2 years.
location: Stratford, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Maintaining labor and overhead rates for project and cost accounting.
- Inventory reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Manage project accounting and development to ensure proper costs
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist A/P and A/R as needed
- Maintain Fixed Asset sub-ledger.
- Assist with the preparation for annual Audit
- Ad hoc projects as needed
- Minimum of 3-5 years of accounting experience
- BS in Accounting
- Previous manufacturing experience required.
- Prior cost experience is preferred.
- Strong Excel (Pivot tables, V-lookups)
- Small to mid-size company experience a plus
$55-65K depending on experience
skills: Cost Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.