Accounting Manager Needed
Very busy, international, industry-leading company in Fairfield County, CT is looking for an Accounting Manager to help lead their Accounting group. The ideal candidate with have a mix of public & private and have a CPA or CPA track.
- Responsible for computation of affiliate accruals - overseeing affiliate payment processes
- Evaluating and monitoring risk of delayed affiliate payments
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Managing accounting of consolidated business results for priceline.com subsidiary
- Coordinating and preparing internal financial statements
- Coordinating activities of internal and external auditors
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with key contacts within the portfolio of accounts
- Responsible for managing a resource in Winnipeg.
Education: · 4-year college degree in Accounting; CPA required or working towards CPA · Minimum of 4 years in industry and/or public accounting or similar work environment · Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
Skills & Experience:
· Strong attention to detail and sense of ownership
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to prioritize work load in order to achieve objectives under tight deadlines
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, and work well with people at a wide range of levels
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
· Experience with Oracle Financials is preferred
· Experience with Hyperion Financial Management is a plus
We're looking for people who are enthusiastic, adaptable, flexible and used to working in a busy office.
Travel to Winnipeg required.
location: Norwalk, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Owning and managing the complete closing and reporting process with task including but not limited to:
- General ledger accounting
- Inter-company consolidations
- Financial Statement preparations
- Payment/Invoice management
- Working alongside internal controls and external auditors
- Streamlining policies and procedures, suggesting and implementing corrective actions
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree
- CPA or CPA track
- Mix of public and private experience is HIGHLY preferred. Big 4 will be considered first
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to travel
No updated resume? No problem.
Reach out to Carolyne Vanegas to learn more.
email@example.com . 914-696-0330
skills: General Ledger, Account Reconciliation, Accruals, Consolidations, Bank Reconciliations, Month-End Close, Audit - Internal, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.