Performs tasks related to the monthly/quarterly financial close process including balance sheet and profit and loss activity, journal entries, and balance sheet account reconciliation. Prepares financial information for other departments. Assists in accounting department duties. Position will maintain the general ledgers for assigned Companies in accordance with GAAP.
location: Providence, Rhode Island
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Prepares financial data for input into finance systems, and generates reports; performs calculations using spreadsheet applications.
- Responsible for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving accounting problems and discrepancies.
- Prepares regularly scheduled journal entries, costs reports, analyses, studies, inventories, and financial statements.
- Reviews expenditure and purchasing documents for correctness, and compliance with established procedures.
- Analyzes, reconciles, balances, and maintains accounting records and special financial reports.
- Prepares reviews, and processes revenue, expense, and payroll related correcting entries and prepares account reconciliations of intermediate complexity.
- Interacts with other departments regarding finance policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and coordination with area personnel and with management.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting is required, Masters degree in accounting is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP.
- 4+ years of accounting experience,
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to changing job responsibilities and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail is essential.
skills: Accruals, Financial Reporting, Internal Controls, GAAP, Month-End Close, SOX
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.