Financial Support Associate
The Financial Support Specialist is responsible to provide support and subject matter expertise on all Advisory program guidelines, operational processes, and navigating all systems and tools that support the Advisory business. The Product Specialist is a critical role in the business to provide best practices and guidance to help FAs and PWAs maintain and grow their Advisory business.
location: Wilmington, Delaware
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Assist in the sales process for Advisory programs and platform to Financial Advisors or Private Wealth Advisors.
- Heavy direct contact with Financial Advisors, Private Wealth Advisors and branch office personnel.
- Proficiently utilize all proprietary applications such as CG Portal, 3D Desktop, 3DR, Lydia (trading application), Account Inception and Update Tool, and Common Proposal System as well as navigate other system tools available.
- Provide proactive education and assistance to Branch Managers, FAs, PWAs, and Sales Assistants in Advisory programs with respect to: product, policies, procedures and online systems navigation.
- Assist FAs and PWAs with questions involving new account opening procedures, generation of proposals for active clients or prospects, trading of accounts and training on various program policies and guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with team members by managing call volume and service levels while providing outstanding customer service.
- Utilize contact management system (Avaya and Connect) effectively.
- Participate in FSS cross training programs to broaden and strengthen experience in the industry and across multiple Advisory programs.
- Need at least ONE of the following
o Bachelor's degree in either Finance or Economics (Course work should include investments (stocks, bonds, ETF's & Mutual funds), investment portfolio construction, Asset Allocation theory
o Bachelors plus at least one year in financial services dealing with investments (stocks, bonds, ETF's & Mutual funds)
- Enthusiastic team player, self-motivated, ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Clear and efficient communicator; results oriented; flexible and adaptable
- Ability to build relationships across departments throughout Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Result oriented individual who is flexible and able to adaptable to change
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong focus on customer service
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.