Randstad Professionals have an excellent opportunity with a Major Financial Institution in Phoenix, AZ.
- This position will work within The IT COSO team within ECO supporting the Company's on-going objective of maintaining an industry-leading information technology control environment and is responsible for the following directives:
- Providing meaningful assessments of IT control environments impacted by financial, risk, and regulatory reporting;
- Assessing compliance with COSO based policies for IT controls impacted by internal controls over financial reporting (SEC and Regulatory Reporting) and strategic planning for on-going IT control compliance with COSO policies (proactive anticipation of internal control related matters);
- Monitoring new and emerging internal control related guidance and issues and assist with facilitating group-wide training to interested and impacted stakeholders;
- Providing consultation and subject matter expertise for process and IT control related matters including evaluating severity of control deficiencies and related remediation efforts;
- Providing process and control support and thought leadership for projects;
- Interfacing with external auditors, regulators and others on control related matters;
- Acting as a change agent for continual improvement of the control environment.
- This individual will be responsible for the following team directives:
- Performing and/or Leading the following for IT General Control (ITGC) testing:
- Partnering with IT Process and Control Owners to document significant in-scope IT processes according to corporate COSO policy (both process narratives and process flow diagrams).
- Additionally, assessing the appropriateness and completeness of key risk and key controls identified;
- Performing walkthroughs of significant IT processes and ensure required COSO documentation is accurate and reflects relevant risk and key controls;
- Partnering with IT Process and Control Owners in the creation of process risk assessments (RAM) as well as validating and challenging risk assessment conclusions;
- Validating and providing credible challenge to identified shared services, third party service providers, and significant applications;
- Creating Test Plans to perform IT COSO testing of key ITGCs, including design effectiveness assessments and operating effectiveness testing;
- Performing first level review of work papers ensuring that testing objectives are met with quality.
- Validating and challenging documentation of control deficiencies, including issue description, root cause, unmitigated impact, and corrective actions;
- Analyzing the severity of control deficiencies, and their impact to internal control over financial reporting;
- Validating corrective actions and issues;
- Interfacing with KPMG external auditors, G&O and Issue Management team to assist with assessment of COSO issues.
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in the applicable line of business (IT) functions related to assigned process areas
- Ability to withstand challenges, be flexible and adapt accordingly
- Assisting with projects impacting the team.
location: Phoenix, Arizona
job type: Contract
salary: $65.04 - 70.02 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 12 Years
- Responsible for developing and driving innovative operational risk/compliance approaches and solutions across the enterprise through an influence model.
- Recognized as an industry and subject matter expert and maintains deep business and functional knowledge.
- Specific functions include: proactively identifies potential business risk/compliance issues; constructively challenges existing fundamentals/assumptions and develops alternative approaches/solutions; evaluates the long-term implications and consequences of strategic business decisions and recommends appropriate alternatives for risk management; regularly influences and negotiates with executive management/business heads as well as high-level stakeholders both within and outside the organization; leads initiatives and virtual teams across the organization to deliver enterprise-wide business transformations. May directly manage a small team.
- 12+ Operational Risk and/or Compliance experience.
Click to Apply
skills: Analysis - Risk
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.