Randstad is partnering with a leading company in the utility industry to help them find a contract accountant for a position in the fast growing market of Columbus, OH!
The Accountant will provide general accounting support, including the preparation and review of journal entries and other accounting activities related to the general ledger closing process for client companies.
location: Columbus, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $26 - 30 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Perform general ledger accounting functions, including journal entry preparation and review, general ledger account reconciliations, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, balance sheet reviews and detailed account activity analysis.
- Participate in the monthly accounting closing process, including the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and year-to- date account variance analyses.
- Review and analyse monthly account activity for accuracy, support and financial integrity.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual GAAP financial statements, accompanying footnotes and MD&A.
- Prepare, review and/or assist with the preparation and review of internal management reports ensuring the accuracy and completeness of financial data.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or Business with a concentration in Accounting
- Minimum 3 years' experience.
- Exposure to and familiarity with the utility industry preferred.
- Public accounting experience and/or experience with the client-side of an audit.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word required and PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Detail oriented with an ability to employ a logical approach to accomplish objectives and solve issues.
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions and adapt to changing circumstances and requirements.
- Ability to work as part of a team and possess excellent time management and organization skills.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please click to apply! You can also send your updated resume, with your contact information to:
Megan Schuster Megan.Schuster@Randstadusa.com
Who is Randstad??
Learn more at www.randstadusa.com
I will contact you as soon as possible!
skills: General Ledger, Account Reconciliation, Financial Statements
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.