A company located in Fort Lauderdale is in need of a Accounts Payable Specialist.
This company offers excellent benefits and a great work life balance.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $18 - 21 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
experience: 3 Years
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Enters information into accounting software including invoice reference information (vendor name or code , invoice number and date, etc.).
- Knowledge of basic accounts payable concepts, practices and procedures.
- High School Diploma required.
- Associates or B.S. in Accounting preferred.
- Two years of experience in AP or in a related area.
- Knowledge of and experience with ERP software.
skills: Accounts Payable, A/P Processing, A/P Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, 1099s, A/P Review
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.