Responsible for leading month-end accounting close related and other enterprise and department project deliverables. Also, manage and oversee all internal and external financial reporting by interacting frequently with stakeholders regarding financial reporting and disclosure issues. Dealing with technical accounting areas and new accounting standards.
location: Norfolk, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Assist in the timely preparation of accurate financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and internal reporting requirements.
- Prepare timely and accurate analysis of financial reports, budgets and financial trends and presents findings and recommendations to top management.
- Manage all monthly, quarterly and year-end closings for their region, including year-end audit support and the preparation of internal and external consolidated financial statements.
- Oversee general ledger and related accounting activities, ensuring accurate and timely processing of transactions and compliance with internal policies.
- Reconcile accounts as required for monthly or annual closing; promptly research and appropriately resolve any discrepancies/issues identified in this process.
- Support the preparation and filing of reports and statements required to be submitted to external agencies.
- Lead various committees or work groups to develop, implement, modify, and document new or revised accounting processes, procedures, systems and tracking mechanisms.
- Implement process improvement for month end close.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current accounting pronouncements, GAAP and other compliance issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from accredited four-year college
- CPA required
- 7+ years of hands-on accounting experience
- 4+ years of leadership experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Technical knowledge and a thorough understanding of accounting practices, particularly as it relates to ensuring compliance with GAAP; financial knowledge and understanding of key financial measures and accounting methods with an emphasis on budgeting and cost accounting.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize; detail oriented.
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete projects independently within established timeframes.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
To apply, please send your resume to Tathiane.Thompson@RandstadUSA.com.
skills: Financial Reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.