Do you have 3+ years of experience preparing tax returns in a CPA firm?
A Midtown Global Accounting company with a growing client base is looking to add an experienced Tax accountant to its Finance team. This is a TEMP-DIRECT HIRE role.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Preparation of Individual, Partnership and Corporate Income tax returns
- Preparation of Foreign filings including FBARs, Form 1116, 5471, 5472, etc.
- Preparation of sales tax returns for clients in various industries
- Reviewing and responding to government notices on client's behalf
- Prepare and analyze fixed asset and related depreciation schedules
- Analysis of income statement and balance sheet
- Prepare tax planning and estimates and become involved in planning for more complex clients
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax provision calculations, assist with related disclosures, test deferred tax balances and reconcile tax filings to the tax provision.
- Prepare research memoranda, written correspondence and guidance, and other documents for submission to the IRS or other tax authorities
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or related field
- CPA and/or Masters in Taxation a plus
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience preparing tax returns in a CPA firm
- Understanding of FBAR reporting, PFIC reporting, and other foreign jurisdiction reporting a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Knowledge of ProSystem Fx Tax, Engagement and/or Fixed a plus
- Knowledge QuickBooks and/or Peachtree a plus
- Must be able to supervise and train staff
- Must be able to independently interface with clients
- Must be able to work well under pressure and manage time efficiently
- Bilingual in Italian, a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.