The SEC reporting manager will be responsible for preparing and completing SEC filings (i.e. 10-K, 10-Q, registration statements, etc.). The SEC Reporting Manager will also be responsible for providing technical accounting support on complex business transactions and disclosure matters in accordance with GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Ensure compliance, completeness and timely SEC filings. Prepare Management Discussion and Analysis (MDA), notes to the financial statements, supplementary schedules and all other areas of the SEC filings.
- Research and evaluate impact of new agreements and transactions entered into by the business. Preparation of clear, concise and thorough memoranda documenting above accounting/reporting evaluations.
- Responsible for the application of GAAP and accounting policies across all areas of the business
- Complete the SEC / GAAP checklists for filings
- Assist in quarterly / annual statutory filings
- Research and evaluate impact of new accounting pronouncements and SEC guidance
- Incorporate/modify disclosure requirements arising from new pronouncements. Stay up to date with knowledge on technical accounting issues.
- Ensure compliance with specified control processes under SOX (ensure key controls over financial reporting are operating effectively as the process owner)
- Review of quarterly earnings press releases and provide assistance for quarterly earnings conference calls
- Liaison with other members of the accounting department on technical accounting matters
- Preparation of ad hoc analyses as needed
- Coordination of certain aspects of external audit process
- BBA in Accounting required; CPA/MBA preferred
- 7 years plus of corporate accounting/financial reporting within a large volume, dynamic, fast paced company
- BIG 4 and/or National CPA firm experience is a must
- Knowledge of the preparation of financial reports containing detailed metric information
- Advanced skills within Microsoft Office (Excel super user)
- Strong analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and high degree of multi-tasking skills and attention to detail
- Ability to make oral and written presentations in a clear, concise manner
skills: Acquisitions/Due Diligence, 10-K, 10-Q
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.