Exciting and industry leading Software company is seeking a seasoned Associate General Counsel to step in and make an immediate impact. Your role as a member of the legal team will involve managing a team of commercial attorneys and negotiators, while working closely with business partners across the globe to provide practical and commercially focused legal advice and support and lead the development of legal processes and standards to effectively scale our commercial transactions as we continue to grow. Your role will require a high degree of self-sufficiency, organizational skills, pro activity and an ability to enjoy a quick-paced and busy but exciting - environment.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $200,000 - 250,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Law Degree
experience: 10 Years
- Work with our Sales and Marketing team to quickly implement customer agreements to help accelerate our growth.
- Management of commercial legal team, providing day to day guidance on deals, ensuring escalations and approvals happen appropriately, and mentoring and developing team members.
- Lead development and maintenance of scalable contract management systems, processes and standards.
- Serve as an ambassador and thought leader for the commercial team (domestically and internationally).
- Provide commercial contracting guidance and leadership for various agreements ranging from NDAs, strategic partnerships, product focused service provider arrangements, day-to-day operational and event agreements, promotional partnerships, software and service agreements as well as agency agreements and releases.
- Provide legal and strategic business advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our relationships with key customers, channel and OEM partners.
- Evolve and refine templates and processes to increase efficiency and scalability of legal support.
- Administration and resolution of legal issues and contract interpretation matters that arise in existing commercial relationships.
- Stay up-to-date and keep the team advised on laws and regulations dealing with privacy, software subscriptions and ELAs to better support commercial transactions.
- Research complex and nuanced legal issues; create, update and maintain actionable guidelines.
- Creative, flexible and experienced commercial attorney with business orientated outlook.
- 12-15 years of relevant experience.
- Strong, proven ability to work cross functionally with business partners.
- General experience with working in an international and multicultural working environment with geographically dispersed team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and pressurized environment and to act decisively.
- Provide quick, concise, and practical legal advice consistent with business objectives.
- Advise and where necessary problem-solve as pro-actively and commercially aggressively as possible.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- In-house experience, preferably in the Enterprise Software (SaaS) market.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- JD with Bar Admission in the United States.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to Michael.Gersovitz@randstadusa.com
skills: MS Office
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.