Do you have experience in Treasury Accounting? Are you eager to work for one of the largest companies in the oil industry? If you answered "yes" to these questions, you need to apply now. Our client is one of the world's renowned oilfield service companies. They're seeking a dedicated individual for a critical role on their Treasury team. The Treasury Accountant is primarily responsible for cash related transactions including currency related entries.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 25 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Perform full review of balance sheet account reconciliations without assistance and prepare associated balance sheet notes.
- Bank Account administration duties and assisting in cash pool management.
- Controls currency settlement and process FX confirmation and settlements.
- Analyzes Profit & Loss variance and reviews detailed revenue and cost transactions.
- Subsystem control including client receivables collections and intercompany settlement.
- Controls and prepares legal entity general ledger entries including prepaids, advances, etc.
- Reviews customs, VAT and excise tax compliance.
- Implements controls that effect segregation of duties between cash handling and recording.
- Coordinates with payables and inter-company on new accounting controls.
- Understands, reviews, implements and complies with Sarbanes Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.
- Education Requirements: Finance or Accounting Degree Required - 3.0+ GPA preferred
- Experience: 3-10 years in a financial role
- Problem solving skills, creative and innovative quality solutions, analytical oriented, and good decision making skills.
- Functions independently and in a team,
- Project mgt. skills, mentoring skills and can set/accomplish objectives.
- Strong oral/written communication skills, customer services oriented, and interacts frequently with peer groups, subordinates and senior mgt. advising on area of responsibility.
- Cross Discipline: Understanding of interaction with other disciplines, Company strategy and the principles of Quality Management.
skills: Cash Forecasting, Cash Position
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.