Early-stage startup in the East Bay is seeking a Senior Property Accountant to work collaboratively with management and external clients. Company is in a rapid growth phase and projections are extremely promising. This is an incredible opportunity to grow your skills and catapult your career to the next level.
location: Oakland, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Provide daily accounting functions.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial reports - prepare monthly journal entries, financial statement preparation/reconciliation and bank reconciliations.
- G/L activity posting, Balance Sheet reconciliation and maintenance of subsidiary ledgers.
- Support Property Accounting Managers with ad hoc projects, monthly closes and distributions.
- Monitor cash receipt postings, tenant billings, billing adjustments and perform tenant ledger reconciliations when necessary.
- Review invoice coding and invoice workflow to ensure timely payments to vendors.
- Coordinate with various departments, such as Property Management to ensure accounting accuracy.
- Provide accounting detail and assistance to Property Accounting Managers for all internal and/or external auditors.
- Prepare annual 1099 and 1096 reporting to vendors and IRS.
- Performs other assignments as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required; CPA desirable.
- 5+ years of Real Estate Accounting experience is preferred. Property management experience a plus.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Adaptability - maintains effectiveness in varying environments, tasks and responsibilities, or with various types of people.
- Planning and Organizing - ability to establish a course of action to accomplish goals and evaluate results.
- Ability to multitask - work successfully under pressure and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload to meet client needs.
- Client Focus - dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the external and internal client, establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients, and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results - can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, bottom line oriented, pushes self and others for results.
- Microsoft office product knowledge, Excel and real estate accounting software preferred.
- Thrives in fast-paced environment.
For immediate & confidential consideration, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
skills: Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.