job summary: Staff Accountant
Our client is a fast growing service organization located in Boston seeking a Staff Accountant for their growing organization. They are looking for someone who is energetic and a team player with 2+ years accounting knowledge. The ideal candidate must foster a positive work environment at all times, be a highly organized, multi-tasker that can comfortably engage with all levels of employees in the company.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Work closely with Controller to perform daily accounting functions for our client, including Accounts Receivable billings, and Accounts Payable.
- Prepare credit card account reconciliation with clear, detailed notes.
- Effectively manage weekly Accounts Receivable update.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of billings and entry.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer's benefit costs, accruals, prepaid expenses, and journal entries.
- Work with management to identify and recommend solutions to existing processes.
- Sales & Use Tax filings
- Respond to vendor inquiries
- Maintain fixed asset ledger and record monthly depreciation as appropriate
- Maintain prepaid expense file and record monthly expense as appropriate
- Record bi-weekly payroll entries
- Prepare daily cash report analyzing cash position for various legal entities
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual regulatory filings
- Bank and other account reconciliations completed on a monthly basis
- Work effectively with co-workers, clients, talent and others by sharing ideas and information in a constructive and positive manner
- Listen to and objectively consider ideas and suggestions from others; keep commitments, and others informed of work progress.
- Analyze transactions to identify and correct inaccuracies.
- Excellent analytical and oral skills with highly motivated attitude to work in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain focus in a fast paced environment.
- Strong Microsoft office including Excel knowledge.
- Public Accounting Experience ++
- 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance preferred with 2+ years' experience. Internships ++
If you are interested in this fun and challenging opportunity please send your resume in word document to: Bob.firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.