job summary: Junior Accountant - Kansas City, MO
Junior Accountant - Job Duties:
- These are 2 contract positions expected to last six months.
- Our long time client is a Fortune 500 American Financial Services and Banking Holding Company with offices in Kansas City, MO. With a focus on continuing to add bright talent into the organization, there are always opportunities to grow your career and learn new practices and technology from this global company.
- Publicly traded with over 2 Trillion in assets under management, revenue over 10 Billion and 35,000 employees globally. Our client is one of the leading US Banks on the list of oldest banks in continuous operation.
- Performs daily fund accounting activities in accordance with generally accepted accounting procedures, such as, maintenance of the general ledger and preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports.
- Bachelor's degree in finance/accounting
- Previous financial product knowledge preferred
- 2-3 years of experience preferred
- New graduates encouraged to apply
- Microsoft Excel experience required
- Supporting accounting functions
- Problem solving skills
location: Kansas City, Missouri
job type: Contract
salary: $18 - 20 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
Performs daily fund accounting activities in accordance with generally accepted accounting procedures, such as, maintenance of the general ledger and preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports.
- Familiar with a variety of general accounting concepts practices and procedures.
- Bachelors degree with 2-3 years experience is preferred, but will accept strong new graduates.
- Finance or Accounting background accepted.
- Need to meet State Street's full time hiring standards.
- Proficiency in MS Excel
skills: Fund Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.