job summary: Job Summary / General Purpose:
We are looking for a driven, experienced Senior Accountant to join a fast paced corporate Finance Team. This individual will prepare, analyze and interpret various accounting and financial data for one or more business units, locations and products. Responsible for the quality, timeliness and integrity of financial data. Determines financial requirements, develops and implements procedures or systems to meet specific financial objectives. Duties range from basic accounting and analytical tasks to interpreting financial reports and data to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with company and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Review and consolidate the work of other Staff Accountants.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the business with a practical application to the financial results.
- Prepare and evaluate balance sheet and income statement information, determining variances and trends and report to management.
- Ensure accuracy of the data and is responsible for resolving most problems.
- Proactively consults with management on financial and business issues.
- Perform month-end journal entries and reconciliations to ensure the consistency and accuracy of assigned strategic business unit(s) profit margin and inventory information for financial reporting.
- Work with other accounting staff (including providing direction and assistance) as well as other departments to ensure internal consistency of reports and analysis.
- Identify key trends and analysis for upper management in order to make informed business decisions.
- Evaluates existing accounting methods. Make recommendations for improving policies, procedures, controls and systems.
- Provide financial analysis and written reports to management or other departments as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Business required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years accounting experience, including broad business exposure, required.
- CPA and/or 1-2 years experience with a public accounting firm desired.
- Oil or natural gas accounting experience a plus.
- Advanced computer literacy (Microsoft Excel and Word a must, Access a plus).
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to interact well within all departments and at all levels.
- Excellent organization, time management and problem solving skills required in order to meet rigid daily, weekly, monthly and annual deadline requirements.
- Able to work independently, prioritize workload and perform under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of ergonomic principles
If you are interested in this fun and challenging opportunity please send your resume in word document to: Bob.firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Excel, Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.