Our Client is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry is currently seeking for a full time Payroll Specialist, reporting to the Payroll Manager.
This role is primarily responsible for assisting the Payroll Manager with the accurate and timely processing of all payroll functions and employee data using ADP Workforce Now and ADP Workforce Now Time & Attendance time and labor systems. The Payroll Specialist is the primary contact for all payroll inquiries and requires exceptional attention to detail, problem solving, and excellent customer service support skills. The successful candidate will respond to frequent and urgent requests for information relating to payroll, tax processing and payroll policy matters.
location: South Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Assists the Payroll Manager with all aspects of processing semi-monthly multi-state payroll using ADP Workforce Now Payroll & Time and Attendance including data entry of all new hire information, and other payroll related data changes.
- Responds to questions from employees regarding paychecks, direct deposit and/or general payroll questions, and handle escalated payroll matters from HR and other internal departments.
- Reviews information entered in ADP Workforce Now and make necessary corrections to ensure accurate wage processing.
- Assists Payroll Manager with processing manual (out of cycle) checks as needed and employee separations related to payroll.
- Assists with processing and maintaining payroll garnishments.
- Assists in periodic audits of payroll database as needed and takes necessary steps to correct any discrepancies.
- Prepares import files for information sharing between ADP Workforce Now Payroll & Time and Attendance on a regular basis and during payroll processing periods.
- Assist Payroll Manager to prepare and verify year-end payroll data for W-2 forms to ensure accurate and timely processing.
- Assist Payroll Manager to ensure payroll related portion of employee stock transactions are accurate and processed on a timely basis.
- Participates in special projects as assigned, such as documenting workflows, improving processes and procedures, and periodic updates to payroll related forms, employee handbooks and operations manuals.
- Troubleshoots problems with paychecks, tax deductions, timecard issues, and other payroll-related matters and respond accordingly to inquiries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or equivalent years of related work experience.
- 2 -3 years of payroll processing and administrative experience.
- Experience with MS Office suite of products and with ADP Workforce Now Payroll & Time and Attendance.
- Proficiency in Excel (vlookup & pivot table) a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong administrative skills, including strict attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and work well in teams to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to learn processes quickly for more efficient and effective results.
- Ability to adapt to changing work environments.
- Ability to act as a liaison between HR and Payroll departments.
- Proven ability to problem-solve using analytical and reasoning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to hold information confidential with excellent judgment.
If you are interested in this fun and challenging opportunity please send your resume in word document to: Bob.email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.