job summary: Summary Description
: This is an exciting time to join our company! Working within an emerging shared services organization, the AR Specialist is responsible for delivering timely and quality service to internal stakeholders and Dover customers, as measured by service level agreements and key performance indicators. Key activities include timely and accurate application of cash in accordance with Operating Company guidelines and requirements; processing and monitoring customer credit exposure (including coordination with Operating Company to appropriately manage customer relationships), collections activities, month-end closing and balance sheet integrity activities, performance reporting, participation in continuous improvement efforts, and partnering with Shared Services leaders to implement strategic priorities.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $45,000 - 55,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Apply cash to customer accounts based on customer remittance advice in an accurate and timely manner; redirecting incorrect payments as appropriate
- Processing and monitoring customer credit exposure (including coordination with Operating Company to appropriately manage customer relationships), monitoring for overdue accounts, potential collection problems, maintenance and release of credit holds
- Perform collections activities
- Recommend customer maintenance changes as identified during the cash application process
- Perform payment issue investigation including leading issue resolution working with Sales, Customer Service, Operations and Shipping groups
- Perform bank reconciliations and balance funds on a weekly and monthly basis
- Maintain productivity and meet service level agreements in a complex environment, including working with and referencing data in legacy accounting systems
- Complete internal transfer transactions
- Assist with other projects or duties as assigned, including continuous improvement efforts
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Management or related field.
- Previous experience in cash application, bank reconciliations or other Accounts Receivable related field
- Proficient computer skills including excellent Microsoft Excel experience (SharePoint a plus)
- Previous experience in Oracle system
If you are interested in this fun and challenging opportunity please send your resume in word document to: Bob.email@example.com
skills: Excel, Sharepoint
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.